Webinar: Peer-Run Respites: Effective Alternatives to Hospitals
Description: Leaders of Peer-run Respites from around the country will provide an overview of Peer-run Respites and how they voluntarily engage people and offer a continuity of care which is often unavailable with traditional care and hospitalization. Success stories will be shared, along with reports from the latest research on Peer-run Respite effectiveness.
• Steve Miccio – Executive Director, Projects to Empower and Organize the Psychiatrically Labeled, Inc. (PEOPLe, Inc.)
• Bevin Croft, M.A., M.P.P., Human Services Research Institute
• Laysha Ostrow, Ph.D., M.P.P. – Live & Learn, Inc.
• Daniel B. Fisher, MD, Ph.D. – Chief Executive Officer, National Empowerment Center, Inc.
• Jayme Lynch – Director of First Peer Support and Wellness Center in Decatur, GA
• Camille Dennis – Program Coordinator, SHARE! (the Self-Help and Recovery Exchange)
• Val Neff, CPS - Certified Peer Specialist and works with NAMI Fox Valley as the House Manager at Iris Place Peer Run Respite
• Roslind Hayes – Statewide Coordinator of the Peer Support, Wellness and Respite Centers (PSWRC)
When in the "seminar room" online, the Adobe Connect Log-in screen appears, select "Enter as a Guest," enter the name and state of the participant in the "Name" field (Ex. Jane Doe-AK) and click on "Enter Room." For attendees, this is a “listen only” webinar. Should they need to dial in, the instructions are on the note pad in the seminar room.