Skip to main content

Guardianship Reform Needed

How do I file for a temporary guardianship?

How do I file for a temporary guardianship? You or another interested person can file a request with the court to have a hearing as soon as possible to decide whether you need a temporary guardianship. This is also called an “expedited hearing.” At a temporary guardianship hearing, the petitioner must show that temporary guardianship is necessary for the emergency situation. Neb. Rev. Stat. §30-2626 (2011). You may also request the court to enter an ex parte order (an order in which not all parties are involved) appointing a temporary guardian to address the emergency.

134 South 13th Street, Suite 600 Lincoln, NE 68508
Toll Free: (800) 422-6691
1517 Broadway, Suite 101 Scottsbluff, NE 69361