Bradley A. Meurrens
Brad is the Public Policy Director at Disability Rights Nebraska. Brad directs our work on state and federal legislation, regulation, or other public policy affecting Nebraskans with disabilities. Brad educates state and federal policymakers about disability issues and provides our agency’s perspective and input on disability policy. He also works with individuals and groups across the state to foster and support people with disabilities as advocates.
Brad participates in many groups and organizations focused on disability policy, including:
- Arc of Nebraska - Governmental Affairs Committee
- Nebraska Planning Council on Developmental Disabilities – Legislative Committee
- State of Nebraska’s Taskforce on the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Statewide Advisory Council for the Aging and Disability Resource Centers
- Nebraska Civic Engagement Table
- National Council on Independent Living - Civil Rights Committee
For fun, Brad is a volunteer narrator for the Nebraska Library Commission’s Talking Book and Braille Service
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Latin from the University of Nebraska and a Master’s degree in Public Administration from The Maxwell School at Syracuse University.
Brad joined Disability Rights Nebraska as the Public Policy Specialist in December 2001.